I can confirm that any faxing over IP is hit and miss unless it uses T.38, and even then most implementations of that are buggy. Since both SIP and H.323 use RTP as the audio transport medium, the results should be precisely the same whichever you use. If not, you probably did something wrong.

TRANSPORTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SPANDSP.

I hate to shout, but people really do find it hard to get to grips with that.

Regards,
Steve

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

Do you confirm whether spandsp can handle faxes in h323? I haven't manage to
make it work apart from SIP/ IAX2

Selon Steve Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

Will this code be disclaimed so it can be added to CVS-HEAD?

Mark told me it will go in as one of the pure GPL addons. It will not be
disclaimed. I wanted to know if I could use its ASN.1 code in my T.38
implementation. Because of this I haven't. This seems to mean the new
H.323 will have problems with things like G.729.

Regards,
Steve