Since both SIP and IAX2 now is Unicode, I would like to standardize the AMI/HTTP interface to UTF8 from start, before we release.

If we do it now, there will be no backwards problem as we move Asterisk towards supporting the IAX2 RFC and SIP in a better way, providing real support for UTF8. We will have some issues moving AMI/ TCP, but that
will be part of the big AMI version 2 rewrite...

This could be done by adding a header explaining the character set in the HTTP transaction. I don't think we need any other changes now.

Any thoughts, comments?

/O