Luigi Rizzo wrote:
On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 11:30:04AM -0700, Dylan VanHerpen wrote:

If the CLI is going to be overhauled anyway, can I seize the
opportunity to suggest a minor enhancement?

Instead of typing:

         CLI> iax show channels
or

it would be nicer if the CLI could directly parse:

         CLI> ia sh ch

unfortunately, the way the code is now, it is non
trivial to implement tab completion at the middle of the string.
So don't expect this feature any time soon (at least not from me!)

Actually I think maybe what was being asked for was Cisco-style "short names," where only as many characters as needed to establish uniqueness could be used instead of the full command name.

That's how I read it, anyways. . .

B.