Tzafrir,

thanks for your answer.

I'll try to implement and test the patch you point because it seems to be
the best solution for my needs.

When I was waiting for the answers here, someone has come up about another
question I could figure out how to answer:

Is it possible to do exactly the opposite? Instead of providing my own clock
source, is it possible the get this clock from the zaptel layer. I'm
thinking on using our software layers with another vendor cards like Digium
and Sangoma. We don't use zaptel so I'm wondering to know if it is some kind
of way to get this clock .

Can you or someone help me?

Thanks

Paulo

On 7/10/07, Tzafrir Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 02:52:32PM -0300, Paulo Garcia wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After some research I decided to patch the ztdummy to provide the clock
> source for Asterisk.

Please help test

  http://bugs.digium.com/8896

It is essentially qhat you describe.

> Now, I'm wondering with a scenario where I have my card and another
vendor
> card (e.g. Digium or Sangoma). How the clock will work in this
situation?
> The true-zaptel-card (Digium or Sangoma) will "overwrite" my patched
ztdummy
> and use its own clock? Is there a way to my clock have high priority in
this
> case?

The patch there also adds the option 'prefmaster' to ztdummy. This will
make ztdummy try to take the sync mastership "by force" when it loads.

However a digital span can still take timing on certain circumstnaces if
it is configured as a timing source. But then again, in setups where
you're supposed to provide timing, no other device should be a timing
source (a value other that '0' for the 'timing' parameter in the span=
line in ztcfg).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]