On 16/08/07, Mihai Balea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Generally speaking, IAX2 codec negotiation is somewhat broken.  It
> allows for only one codec to be selected as THE codec for the call.
> This is insufficient when trying to do video, since a video call
> would need two codecs, one for video and one for audio.  Also, I'm
> not sure what would happen if the caller decides to change formats in
> the middle of the call... would it have enough information about the
> callee supported codecs?

Well - we're making some noise about supporting video on our ITSP
service, so I'm interested in video in IAX.  So I will have a look at
that too.

Interestingly I know that video *used* to work with IAX because I
remember showing it off with someone long ago.  Probably back when the
codec stuff was done just with the FORMAT IE rather than the prefs.

Steve