Corey Farrell wrote:
My one concern is if we stop optimizing Local channels and allow the
ast_channel to live for the duration of the call, this could
significantly increase open FD's.  This would be a bigger issue for
systems using res_timing_timerfd, since that causes alert pipe's to be
created.

My current approach does actually make the Local channels go away as much as it can. It moves the logic outside of the bridging core and does it in a more clean/saner fashion. The only con is that it can not do anything with multi-party bridges involving a Local channel.

--
Joshua Colp