Matthew Jordan wrote:

<snip>

    The ability to set the framing per-format, globally in a
    capabilities structure, and to get the framing already exists. What
    doesn't exist is adding a format and then setting the framing as two
    separate API calls. That is something that could be added but to
    make sure you set the right format (format capabilities can contain
    multiple formats of the same codec) you have to keep that format
    around, in which case why not just add/set in the same API call?

We may end up needing that API call sometime down the road. For example,
if an Offer arrives with a new ptime attribute, it may be easier to
modify an existing ast_format_cap structure rather than create a new
one. But currently I just need the packetization values.

Since ptime in SIP applies to the media stream (and not to a specific media format) you can actually set a global framing value using ast_format_cap_set_framing. This applies to all media formats within a capabilities structure, unless one is specified for the format explicitly.

What API call provides them? I must be missing it, because I couldn't
seem to find it in format_cap.h. (I could be just going crazy however)

For getting them you use ast_format_cap_get_framing.

--
Joshua Colp