George Joseph wrote:
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Joshua Colp <jc...@digium.com
<mailto:jc...@digium.com>> wrote:

    Kia ora,

    I've created a wiki page[1] which details the beginnings of a basic
    memory based caching wizard for sorcery. Right now while caching is
    possible using the existing memory wizard it's not possible to
    define object lifetimes, so once cached it's always pulled from the
    cache. This wiki page uses the memory wizard as a base but defines
    options which can tweak the behavior. Going forward this could serve
    as a basis for other wizards to be created for caching purposes.

    Some things to consider:
    1. How much control and flexibility should we allow?
    2. Are there additional mechanisms that should be exposed to allow
    explicit object expiration?
    3. Are the defaults sane?
    4. Is there additional testing that should be done?
    5. Does anything need additional explanation?

    Cheers,

    [1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/~jcolp/Sorcery+Caching

I didn't see any mention of writes.  What happens to create, update and
delete operations given that the concrete wizard behind the caching
wizard may or may not support them?

The behavior remains the same as if there were no caching wizard in place.

--
Joshua Colp