Kelvin Chua wrote:
Just an experiment I am doing, correct me if I am wrong

If I receive an INVITE with fmtp from a peer, it won't be used to build
the INVITE to the egress right?

What will happen is, codecs.conf will be checked for the parameters and
use that to build the INVITE.

Is there any function I can use to get away from this behavior and act
like a proxy and just copy the fmtp from the ingress?

As Alexander mentioned there has to be a specific handler for each codec in order to parse/store/create the specific attributes internally. It's not done for every codec. Asterisk also has to be aware of the codec. This is a bit easier in 13+, but may be possible in earlier versions depending on the amount of storage required.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp