Ross Beer wrote:
Hi Joshua,

There was one instance of this being reported on a ticket I read last
week. It just strange that on Fedora 23 that this has suddenly stopped
happening.

You may have been thinking of ASTERISK-26219[1] which is CentOS 6.8.

The previous example shows that the dump was attempted but no files
created. They were being created for previous versions.

I've checked the code responsible for setting the parameter when the -g option or dump_core is set and it hasn't changed. Ultimately it's the system that creates the core dump, we just change the parameter to raise the limit on the core dump size. I also did a quick look over the changes and nothing stood out.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26219

--
Joshua Colp