Thanks for your prompt response Michal. That seems to have removed the warnings.

>>> Probably this is not possible yet. As I know, with libss7 you can receive continuity check request, but not send it.

Do you know if continuity checks can be done with chan_ss7 ?

-- Athiq

On 12/02/2014 00:19, Michal Rybárik wrote:
Hi,

On 02/12/2014 12:37 AM, Athiq Rahman wrote:

I have asterisk 11.6 with libss7 1.0.2 2x A104 card.

I have been given 4 E1 from my carrier with the following CIC configuraiton

CIRCUIT 0 :
VOICE CIC: 1-15, 17-31
SIG=16

CIRCUIT 1:
VOICE CIC: 33-63

CIRCUIT 2:
VOICE CIC: 65-95

CIRCUIT 3:
VOICE CIC: 97-127

The carrier is saying that only the CIC 1-31 pass the continuity check. They are asking me to run CIC continuity check on my side, which I do not know how to perform.
Does anyone how to do the CIC continuity check from asterisk side?

Probably this is not possible yet. As I know, with libss7 you can receive continuity check request, but not send it.

doing a dahdi show channel for 125, 126 and 127 show that those channels are part of span 5, even though in my systems.conf file below, i have disabled span 5 -8.

It seems that your DAHDI channels are not configured properly. My DAHDI is using channel numbers 1-31, 32-62, 63-93, 94-124 for first 4 spans. You are configuring your span4 with channels up to 127, but 125-127 are probably on span5. You have Red alarm on these channels, probably you don't have anything connected in span5 (no link). Try to correct channel numbers in /etc/dahdi/system.conf and also chan_dahdi.conf and use intervals which are listed above (but exclude channel used for signalling in span1).

If your peer really use CIC numbering as he sent you, probably you will do something like this in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

channel=17-31
cicbeginswith=33
channel=32-62 <<< changed
cicbeginswith=65