Gregg Lebovitz wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to get a prototype working based on Asterisk and Quicknet
cards. I currently have to systems set up each with a LineJack card. I
have the systems working, but can't get the voicemail demo to work
properly. Messages to the user telephone set from the voicemail system
are clear, but recordings left through the phone are distorted. Sounds
like the audio has lots of echo and sampling error type distortion.

I know this must be covered in the archives, but I can't find a
reference.

I am using the Asterisk demo configurations. configuration is as
follows:

;
; Linux Telephony Interface
;
; Configuration file
;
[interfaces]

;mode=immediate
;mode=fxo
mode=dialtone

;format=g723.1
;format=slinear
format=ulaw

silencesupression=no
;
; List all devices we can use.  Contexts may also be specified
;
context=local
context=default

;
txgain=100%
rxgain=100%
device => /dev/phone0

Try using the slinear format. In reading the comment that slinear would sometimes cause crashes, I changed to use the gsm codec. When I tried to use the system, I would always get a error on playing back messages because a recording in that format was not found. Changing it back to slinear made it work great.

BTW, if you can get the LineJack to dial outbound on the PSTN, let me know. Haven't managed to get that to work just yet.