Exactly! Every test I have done has been with a cell phone! I assume everyone is still perplexed by this?

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 02:12 PM, James Hines wrote:

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 13:42, Brian J. Schrock wrote:
I am using background, the pbx-invalid stuff should (if DTMF
recognition is working correctly) not get played.

My users here have complained about similar problems. We've noticed it
most often on outside callers with cell phones, but one user brought in
a phone from home that pretty consistently would mess up. I hooked it up
to an inside line and it still happens. My guess is that asterisk is
being a little to stringent with it's DTMF detection. Looking at the log
asterisk will detect multiple DTMF events for a single key press. I
looked at a recording of the tone and it looked a bit different than a
phone that generated 'good' tones 100% of the time, but it certainly
wasn't sending a tone and stopping.

jwsh

Brian J. Schrock
Network Engineer, RHCE, CCNA