--On Thursday, March 13, 2003 11:11 AM -0800 William Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I presume the problem is in the CallerIDName that shows up when you
call a regular number through iconnecthere?

It usually presents no caller ID, resulting in an anonymous call rejection message.

Technically the phone numbers "belong" to Deltathree, and in the telco
systems that is how they are registered, and that is why  your
CallerIDName does not show up.  I really do not know that
deltathree/iconnecthere can do anything about that.  It's a design issue
in the system.  Your system's sent data can't override the telco
systems.

Fair enough. But most of the people we call are customers at their homes. Verizon and other carriers have given everyone "anonymous call rejection" for free and, at least in the case of Verizon they have turned it on by default. The result is that we can't call people through iconnect. I have tried sending the code to enable passing caller ID but no luck.

I just got to the point where I had dumped a lot of time into it and was becoming convinced that I was not going to be able to get it to work. I was also seeing issues with call connect reliability. It seems often that Asterisk initiates a connection to iconnect but iconnect either fails to notice or says it is temporarily unavailable.

I didn't even look at the issue of whether or not we can make 2 or more calls out through iconnect at the same time. That may work fine, I just have not tried it.

I am happy to keep testing if it will be useful to anyone else, especially the developers.

Jim