I am running that same level of box ( with more RAM ) as my test box and it worked nearly acceptably with the T100P but has severe sound quality issues with the T400P running more than 2 calls into VM or playing announcements.

It will be marginal, try and find a faster box, even a P-II 450 would be much better.

Bill

Jeff McClure wrote:
Hi folks,

Right now I'm running * along with a lot of other apps on my firewall box, which is a P-II 400 with 192MB of RAM. I have a single T100P card connected to a channel bank that's using one FXO and two FXS ports.

I want to move * off to another computer (mostly because I think the other apps on the current box are causing enough of a load to affect the sound quality a bit). I'm looking for a computer to put it on, and I've found someone with a P-II 350 with 64MB of RAM (I could steal another 64MB from the firewall if I have to).

So, I need an opinion from some more experienced users. Given the same number of ports and assuming I don't run any other apps on the box, is that P-II 350 beefy enough to handle my * setup comfortably?

Thanks,
Jeff