Hi all,
--------
beacause I am a newbie in the asterisk ralm and the existing documentation
could not satisfy I'd like to ask you some Questions:

1. Does somewhere in the Internet exist additional documentations for asterisk
configuration ?

http://www.digium.com/handbook-draft.pdf

In addition, there are a variety of home-built pages.
http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm
http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/

2. Does Asterisk work as a standard SIP Proxy ?

No. Asterisk can perform basic SIP redirection, but it is not a standard SIP proxy in many of the ways that you might expect. It can do _some_ of the features of a SIP proxy, but to call it a SIP proxy would be an overstatement.

3. I am just installing a Asterisk PBX in our institute and additionally I
purchased some ot the Snom 100  SIP devices. For SIP account I have
registered with iptel.org and fwd.pulver.com. Both work fine with the Snom
100 device. I tried the Snom 100 from home via a Linksys DSL router wich
supports UPnp and port range forwarding to the private network. I faced some
troubles with registering the Snom with IPTEL.ORG from my NAT'ed network.
Because I'd like to setup a Asterisk PBX to my private Network as well my
approach is to connect the SNOM to the asterisk at home network and establish
a server-server connection via IAX to the institutes Asterisk server. The
institute's Asterisk can login at iptel.org and fwd.pulver.com. If soembody
wants to call me he should first try to reach me at my Snom phone at
institutes premisses and after a defined time this call should be forwarded
to my home asterisk server to reach the SNom 100 at home.  BTW - for calling
out I want to use the AVM Fritz ISDN card with ISDN4LINUX. I could not find
any doc for Asterisk- ISDN4LINUX configuration.  Later I'd like to upgrade to
a Digium device to support conferencing. Wich of the Digium's devices you
propose for a normal EuroISDN line (2 B-channels) ? I have attached a small
figure for my SIP configuration aaproach.

My suggestion is that if your Asterisk server is behind a NAT, the only hosts it should talk with are devices that are also behind the NAT, or other Asterisk servers via IAX or IAX2 which may be on the outside of the NAT. Anything else causes more headaches than it's worth. I'm afraid I have no experience with the EuroISDN equipment, so I am not qualified to answer that part of your questions.

JT

Thank you for your help

regards

Olaf

-- Dipl. Ing. Olaf Menzel - System Engineer FOKUS - Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems: - Competence Center for Advanced Satellite Communication Schloss Birlinghoven, 53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany Phone: +49-2241-14-3494 Mobile: +49-175-2616161 Fax: +49-2241-14-43494 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Internet: http://www.fokus.fhg.de/satcom Attachment converted: PrivateSpace:asterisk-conf.gif (GIFf/prvw) (000324C8)