--On Saturday, June 21, 2003 06:28:32 +0000 "WipeOut ." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So far I have just got it to the point where I am able to make calls and
have not had the serious echo problems that everyone warns about when
using a passive card.. .

... you're using chan_capi - maybe that's the answer to the echo issue. My experience wirh echo and delay problems was with a passive card on i4l. IMHO new users need to be careful to pick the right ISDN card or they'll end up disappointed.

With some cards there is also the issue of capi drivers ie make sure there is one for your chosen Linux platform before you buy the card. I may be the only ppc user on the list but you can reckon any binary capi driver will only be x86.

 Iain