hi,

I have the following scenario,

an Asterisk server
anolog pbx

I hav a channel bank, it accepts 30 analog lines coming from the analog pbx,
the other end of the channel bank is the asterisk server with E100P card.
I am confused as to which type of lines to get from the analog pbx.

I think its suffient to have normal analog extensions, which they are already
having in there pbx, plugged into analog phones.

When i contacted the pbx guys to do the upgrade for me(upgrade by 30 chs), they ask me whether, i need E&M lines or not.
I am very sorry for asking this, if these are general knowledge stuff.
I know that normal analog lines work with the loop current changes, and i found out that, In E&M (Ear and Mouth) line signalling the speech circuit (or channel) has an associated E-wire and M-wire for signalling.

Can anybody pls tell me as to which type of lines should i get from the analog pbx,
whether normal analog lines or E&M lines?

Thanx in advance,

Surajee