For anyone who is interested, I have a working tftpd (modified wvtftpd)
capable of serving configuration, dialplans, and ringtones to Cisco
7960/7940 and ATA-186 devices that are located behind NAT firewalls. As
TFTP is not a very firewall/NAT friendly protocol, I had to break some
rules to get it to work with these cisco devices. It might cause
problems for other TFTP clients, but it works with the cisco's which I
needed.. Your tftp server can also be located behind a NAT or firewall
if you forward or open UDP/69 to the internal machine.

If anybody else needs to do this, just let me know. I am still trying to
get rid of some bizarre delays, but I will send you a diff when It's all
said and done.

Also, I am looking for the Cisco's 'cfgfmt.exe' tool or compatible
utility that is used to create the binary TFTP'able configuration files
for the ATA-186. I can't seem to find it anywhere on their site -- it's
not with the firmware downloads or anything! Can anyone help?

John