Hi All,

I'm wondering if exists something like a channel that could be used in Asterisk to act as a Modem?
The purpose is to get a remote call through SIP comming from one or more cellular companies going directly into a remote Asterisk PBX through a metropolitan fiber wan, and redirect the call to a real modem. But I'm thinking if it's possible to simulate a modem in a channel in the Asterisk PBX that connect and execute a PPP protocol.
Is this possible to be done?

Thanks in advice,
--
Ernani Jose Camargo Azevedo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
SLK Linux Group