On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:23:51 +0800
"Kelvin Chua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>hi guys,
>
>have any of you guys managed to use msn messenger to authenticate with asterisk using
>its DNS name? based on my experience with other sip proxies, msn will not
>authenticate if it sees a different realm than the realm of the client. one
>workaround i did was to edit the chan_sip.c to send a pre-defined realm, and also
>edit the Contact: field. after this, asterisk would send a 401 to the register
>message, at this point, i'm quite stuck. i also noticed that the nonce field is
>randdata? compared to iptel.org's ser and vovida's vocal. i notice a lot of
>difference on the sip messages composition. i'm running 0.4.0.

I think maybe msn has one of heart-beat feature.

When it cannot get result of icmp, send bye to sip server by itself.

require server_addr and asterisk (realm) with your hosts file in your windows.

---
Masakazu Nakano.
Dairiten.com - an open source VoIP and Ubiquitous Portal site in Japan.
http://www.dairiten.com/modules/news/