At 05:18 PM 7/8/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Hi-

Its not clear from your msg whether you want to detect the open-circuit
condition of  the T1/E1 directly or on one of the analog circuits connected
on the other side of the channel bank.

the t1 circuit is fine and the channel bank did not alarm during the problem (it does have a form c alarm contact)

What I am asking is if anyone knows offhand if the alarm state can be triggered on the fxo/fxs ports by reprogramming, or if it only applies to the t1. OR is there any way with rbs to detect a line that lost loop power ? OR is there a way to have asterisk check every few minutes when a line is not in use that it can raise a dialtone ? if not then have some other process get triggered.

If directly on the E1/T1, I imagine that asterisk can detect the condition
of the "alarm" signals for the circuit - these are separate from the
signalling supervision bits like on/off hook.  I'm new to asterisk, so don't
know how to read those alarm indicators in the software, but the ones you
are probably interested in are: "Red Alarm" - means loss of signal (I think
a cut line would cause this), "Yellow alarm" - means far end detected an
error, and "BPV" - bi-polar violation, means degraded signal (usually).

Hope this helps.

regards

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.

Email:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>