My configuration for my CAC is 12FXO/12FXS. A few days ago, I was looking at my zapata.conf and started wondering if 1 maybe my configuration could be off. The following is my current zapata.conf:

; Configuration file

; Set initial values for all channels in the channel

;  bank, and apply those settings to channels 13-24.

;

; This is "group 2", and is indicated by g2 in Dial

;  statements.

;

[channels]

musiconhold=default

signalling=fxo_ks

usecallerid=yes

transfer=yes

cancallforward=yes

callreturn=yes

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

group=2

callgroup=1

pickupgroup=1

immediate=no

channel => 13-24

; Here is where all of the "inbound" lines are defined.

;  These keep all of the configurations from the above lines

;  but anything below these comments are applied to the

;  channels listed as the last line of the config file.

;

; This is Group 1, and is indicated by "g1" in Zap Dial

;  statements

;

context=from-analog

busydetect=yes

group=1

signalling=fxs_ks

channel => 1-12

In my extension.conf, I have several references to Dials to g1, and they seem to work. The problem is that g1 according to my zapata.conf points to the fxs interfaces. When I look at the CAC, there are 6 lit green LED, and that would indicate the actual incoming lines. Up until a few days ago, all the LEDs  on the FXS  card were lit. I made a change in the zapata.conf, and when I next recycled the CAC, the FXS lights were all off. That would make since, considering that I don’t have anything attached to the FXS.

So would that mean that the configuration is incorrect? Maybe I have the channels incorrectly listed? The one thing that I can’t seem to do is to get any dialtone off the FXS card, at least seemingly…

Kim C. Callis