Use sox to put it is MSGSM and a RIFF header on it.
sox file.gsm -g file.wav

You need to do this because gsm takes 160 samples and compresses it to
32.5 bytes. On unix systems, they let the half byte go to waste. On
windows they slide a second frame down a half byte and combine it with a
first frame to put 2 frames into 65 bytes.