From: "Tilghman Lesher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] executing an agi script after a successful
Dial

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 05:04 pm, Dan Fernandez wrote:

I would like to run an agi script (to calculate the cost of a long
distance or international call) right after I execute a Dial app.
Can this be configured in extensions.conf? It seems the entries

It cannot.  If the Dial app succeeds in getting a connected channel,
it will ALWAYS return -1, which signals a hangup to Asterisk.  The
only time Dial will ever return control to the dialplan is if either
the channel is not available or if the channel does not get connected.

right after a Dial app get executed only if the Dial app was
executed unsucessfully. Would I have to execute the dial app from
the agi script?

No, again, the Dial app won't return control to the AGI script until
after the call is complete.  You're pretty much going to have to do
whatever you want to do prior to executing Dial or after the call is
complete.  Of course, you could create a separate thread which
runs parallel to the channel thread and does various monitoring
tasks, but that would require some C programming skills.

-Tilghman