Yes, i've observed the same operation :|, Adam.
I've the last CVS Asterisk, and two softphones (Linphone 1.12 and X-lite
v2 last version), both with speex code active.
When i call from one to another ... ringing ok but ... when try to talk
... the Asterisk go crazy warming "out of memory"  (i installed the
speex-dev in the server)

Are there anybody who know what's happen?

Thanxs, Heri.

PD.: Sorry my bad english :)

El lun, 28-07-2003 a las 15:29, Low, Adam escribió:
> I've been reading up on the SIP and related (SDP/RTP) RFC's and as I would expect
> the RTP session should ideally be between the two end points of the call, in my case
> the AS5300 and the 7940 which are connected on the same VLAN as the Asterisk server.
>
> When I sniff the packets on the VLAN I find that all RTP packets are being relayed
> by the Asterisk server causing increased load on the server and ultimately a higher
> latency between the two end points.
>
> Is this a typical operation of Asterisk or is this possibly due to the fact that
> some of the phones (not those used in the tests) are running NAT and Asterisk relays
> all RTP packets ?
>
> Adam
>

> ********* DISCLAIMER *********
>
> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise
> protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message
> and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must
> not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person

Juan Heriberto Brito Jiménez
Director de soluciones e-Business
Virtual Business Europa S.L.
C/ Doctor Grau Bassas 44 (Bajo)