OK. Thanks - I think :-)

I'll go trolling on Ebay, see what comes up. Given that most of my projects take 6 months or so to get off the ground, I hate to put a bunch of money into this anyway. So, for <$1,000, I can put a 6 x 18 unit in my office & play with it to see if this is a product line I want to get into.

Steven Critchfield wrote:

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 02:45, Kent Williams wrote:

Mine has been working well, but the only problem is that it doesn't
support callerid (from the POTS side).

I didn't say they didn't work. Mine has been in production use for over
a year now with only a couple hiccups related to sync source and
timings. Specifically after a major power failure, it was possible for
the Zhone to sync to asterisk and not to the Telco until I had unplugged
asterisk. Now we no longer have the telco plugged into the Zhone and
have no problems with it. The sync problem is not why we changed our
setup.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Schmerold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 August 2003 12:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Zhone Zplex 10 units

Thanks for the Zplex heads up.

Steven Critchfield wrote:

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 13:13, John Schmerold wrote:

I frequently see Zhone Zplex 10 units on Ebay - cheap.

What's the story on these?

Are they flaky?

search the archives.

Tough to configure?

tough, no, pain in the ***, yes

Any other issues that come to mind?

search the archive, that is why it is there.

I don't see them listed on Zhone's website (except in support), so I
suspect they've discontinued the product, but if it's a good product

could use it to learn Asterisk.

Thats funny since they don't really even act like they want to

support

them.

-- John Schmerold Katy Computer Systems, Inc 20 Meramec Station Rd Valley Park MO 63088 314-316-9000 v 775-227-6947 f

-- John Schmerold Katy Computer Systems, Inc 20 Meramec Station Rd Valley Park MO 63088 314-316-9000 v 775-227-6947 f