At 07:57 PM 9/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Travis Johnson wrote:
> I've called NuFone and was not impressed by their voicemail answering system (choppy) and was unable to even leave a message before the phone call was disconnected (in the middle of the
>recording).

So your going to judge our system by making one phone call into my home
asterisk system that runs on a fully saturated ADSL connection.

One must take first impressions from something, and if that happens to be your answering machine...

Typical,

Unfortunately, yes.

Seriously folks, NuFone has very reasonable prices, easy setup and decent tech support (or so I've heard - I haven't had any problems with them so far). I urge you to give NuFone a try, if only because (one of?) their big cheeses reads the * mailing list :) I recently checked out the competition, and here's what I found:

NuFone: cool first impression, good second impression, good implementation
Deltathree: good first impression, poor second impression
Net2Phone: good first impression, excellent second impression, cool third impression
Vonage: cool first impression, cool second impression

In all cases I was evaluating for price, compatibility with * and ease of use/ease of billing. Of course, I had specific uses in minds, specific hardware, and my own company's cost structure in mind, so your mileage may vary.

--Ernest