Hello All,

I am still having some difficulty working to monitor an already active
channel.  I did some experimenting with the Monitor application without
achieving my desired results.

Here are the relevant parts of my extensions.conf file:
[CustomerSide]
exten => 2,1,StopMonitor
exten => 3,1,Monitor(wav,Test_Recording_1)

This is what happens:
1.  From the console, I dial to the phone connected to the TDM400P card:
*CLI> dial [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and answer the phone when it rings.
2.  Next, I dial from the console to activate monitoring:
*CLI> dial [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unfortunately, the monitoring does not start, and I hear Asterisk sending 3
DTMF tones to the phone.

What am I doing wrong that prevents the monitoring from starting?

Is it required to start the monitoring from another phone (hard or soft
phone)?
--
Thanks,
Tim