Yes, I've tries. I found a tarball with an implementation of chan_woomra
and a document that specifies how woomra behaves. Basically nothing,
though, about what it is good for. Nor is there a link to any server
implementing it.

The server that compiles and builds during make is the woomera process it can speak h323 to anything else that can speak it. It just happens to speak woomera from asterisk to the woomera process. You don't have to have something else that speaks woomera to make it work.. just the woomera process that can apready speak h323.

Moves, rather than removes.

It removes it from asterisk and moves it to the woomera process which does it well.

I tend to suspect that everything that comes from the house of openh323
will be overabstracting. That is the nice communication library that
depends on practically any graphic library on my system (aalib included)
to build? Not to mention having the wrong license, patent-wise.

It compiles fine on my system without fail as has it on many other systems. H323 gets a bad name and I don't really know why.

Keep an eye out it will become very clear if you set it up and just try!

/b