Hilton Williams wrote:

Hi

I have a Digium TDM400 card with 4 FXO modules connected to the extension ports
on a Panasonic KXTD816.  I'm using [EMAIL PROTECTED] v1.0, which has Asterisk
1.07.

There's a problem that Asterisk doesn't detect when the line is disconnected on
the Panasonic.  The Panasonic doesn't provide polarity reversal or current drop
or anything like that to indicate hangup. It just plays the dial tone again.

Correct. When I have to interface with a PBX I use FXS ports on Asterisk connected to the FXO/CO ports of the PBX. This seems to (mostly) work well, since PBXs tend to be MUCH better at figureing out that a line is disconnected than Asterisk is.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain