Mark Spencer wrote:

For the record, you can turn on the speaker by doing "monitor=1" when you
modprobe wcfxo, e.g.:

# modprobe wcfxo monitor=1

Sweet, this is good to know! It would be nice to have a feature that kicks the
monitor on for the first 30-60 seconds of a call or something. It would make
it easier to hear the voicemail message that some is leaving you. :)

As for the remainder of the discussion of potential clone hardware, let me
keep my statements very brief and to the point.

When you purchase a product from Digium, you're getting more than a piece
of hardware.

First, when you buy from us, you know it's going to work. All we do is
Asterisk, and when we sell any piece of hardware, it *will* work with
Asterisk and you *will* get the support your need (including replacement
should there be a problem).

Looking at the eBay auction you're "saving" like $40, but not getting the officially
supported card. $40 (more) for great support is priceless.

Where else do you get direct access to the *core developers* for $99?

I think you could spend $99,000 with big company xyz and not get anywhere near
somebody who *has a clue* about what is really going on inside the pbx.

How often do you imagine a key Nortel developer offers to ssh in and *fix* the
problem right then and there?

-Andrew