[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm still stuck on this. The * is on a private network IP 192.168.0.7
and the 7960 is on 192.168.0.6.  When I show 'sip peers' the 7960
appears to be registered although I can't make any calls and still get
the packet retries.  I have also checked and re-checked the settings on
the phone.  Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

Can you send me privately (not via 'reply') your sip.conf entry for this phone?
Also the output from telneting to the phone and typing:
show register
show status
show flash
show dialplan
show config

You can remove the private info or not, up to you, but send it to my email not
the list. :)

I have several 7960 phones and one 7960G working great with 4.4 & 5.3 firmware.

-Andrew