-=> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:01:34 -0600, Rich Adamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

 Examples,
 Where should I have learned that *8# is the call pickup dialing sequence?

A good question. I didn't know about any of them until James Sizemore posted this handy list on Sept.8:

*0#  sends flash
*8#  remote call pickup (pickup phone in your group)
*67# disable caller id
*70# no call waiting
*78# do not disturb on
*79# do not disturb off
*72# enable call forwarding
*73# disable call forwarding
*82# enable callerid

All news to me. :) I do a lot of google searching on the Asterisk
archives:
  http://www.google.com/custom?sitesearch=lists.digium.com

There are some fairly rational reasons to see some of these elements removed from chan_zap and made into non-channel-specific applications.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000071

[snip]
There are some inconsistencies that will probably work themselves out
over time, like the whole:
 App,arg1,arg2
 App(arg1|arg2)
 App(arg1,arg2)

I can't quite figure out if some things still *require* the vertical
pipe, like going to another extensions:

400 => Goto(139343234|1)
[snip]

...and there are people who would like to see this standardized, too, since everyone stumbles across the same problems as you describe above.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000274