Matthew Boehm wrote:
Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

Matthew Boehm wrote:

Is there anyone out there with news on VAD/Silence support in Asterisk?

Asterisk does not support VAD.  If you need VAD then don't use Asterisk.

--Eric

Wow. Thanks for stating the obvious. You quoted my question so I can only assume that means you read it. Perhaps next time you could answer the question instead of stating something we already know.

Allow me to rephrase, "Is there news on anyone planning on adding VAD/Silence to asterisk?"

Or is VAD/Silence something that is not even on the drawing table for asterisk?

As I understand it, adding VAD/Silence would require redesigning the entire RTP stack of Asterisk.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120