As an example....if we have a call that:
  1. originates via PSTN line to one of our local DID's in Seattle
  2. comes into our Asterisk server in Los Angeles or Denver
  3. is routed by Asterisk for termination back to a different Seattle PSTN
....and if our VOIP call termination provider requires (in order to get their best rate) all calls to go through their Nextone softswitch in Dallas before ultimately terminating at the desired Seattle PSTN line...

What is the resulting affect as it relates to any difference in "user experience" for the caller in Seattle....and what, if any, is the cost difference on our end due to the extra hop?

CHEERS!

David