astcc-admin.cgi will post output to /var/log/httpd/error_log That should help solve the problem.
Darren Wiebe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

chawki hammoud wrote:

All suggested files were changed to be owned by root
and apache and I logged in as root.

After I unsuccessfully try the route and trunk pages
and  go back to the configure page, I get the message
database is unavailable on the same page that created
it. I manually inserted data to astcc-config.conf
but it seems apache is not writing or reading these
files.
Database is created successfully when I name the
hostname= "localhost.localdomain" and it fails for
hostname = "localhost". I don't know if apache is
loosing communication due to localhost somewhere and
localhost.localdomain in other places.

I will uninstall apache and reinstall it.
I appreciate any more suggestions.

--- Darren Wiebe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Try this line in /var/lib/astcc and see if it helps.

"chown apache *" and

"chown -R apache *" from /var/www/cgi-bin.

If it does not help, do an "ls -l" in /var/www and
see who owns it. Then repeat the command above with the correct user.

Darren Wiebe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

chawki hammoud wrote:

Hi:

How do I check it?
Thanks

--- Darren Wiebe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Check and make sure that astcc-config.conf is
owned
by the same process that owns apache. Usually the problem is that astcc-admin cannot write to the file due to permission problems.

Darren Wiebe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

chawki hammoud wrote:

Hi:

I used astcc to create database. After I get the
message database created, I save the
configuration
and
I move to the next step to assign trunk and
route.
But
I get the message:
Database unavailable -- please check
configuration
Cannot edit routes until database is configured

I checked the databse and it's in mysql, the file
/var/lib/astcc/astcc-config.conf is empty.
astcc-admin.cgi is supposed to write a file based
on
the configuration, but for some reason doesn't
I inserted data manually into the databse tables
and
astcc works fine on asterisk and write data into
the
database.
Why the web browser can't see the database it
created?
could apache be the problem although it's
running?
Regards;
Chawki

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail for Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your