Hello all

We succesfully added a H323 Gateway to our CallManager 3.0 that resides in Mexico and were/are able to make calls from CallManager SCCP phones to the Asterisk Server phones in the U.S.; however, we have not been able to call from Asterisk server in U.S. to CallManager phones in Mexico

Here is what we tried:

1. Adding a Gatekeeper into CallManager and then have Asterisk (and also stand alone softphone) send calls thru the gatekeeper. That didn't work. The gatekeeper was never found. I am sure we configured something wrong, but not sure what. So we need help with this is this the correct/one of the approaches?

2. Using the same gateway that is currently working to make calls from CallManager to Asterisk. That didn't work either.

I found severals threads on lists.digium.com and elsewhere that talked about succesfully doing the same thing I am trying to do, but no details as how to doit. So, if anybody can give me a clue as how to do this it would very much be appreciated. I also found information on cisco website detailing how to add h323 gateways and gatekeepeers to CallManager but again no luck.

By the way, the calls that are made from CallManager phones in Mexico to Asterisk server in U.S. were so far of optimal quality, even though the test calls made were from from phones in the U.S. connected to the CallManager Server in Mexico. I was surprised how good they sounded. I even routed some calls to the PSTN using the XP100 clone and they sounded excellent.

Since I seem to be clueless as how to approach this problem, I am not sure what other information I need to provide in order for anybody to help.

I would post results back later regardless of outcome, but would like to make this work

thanks to all in advance