Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] USB handset wanted

Ondrej Valousek wrote:

Matt,

You have forgotten the ringer.
In fact, I don't care that much about LCD & buttons. I want to use it with something like X-lite. Initially, I used machine builtin soundcard with X-Lite (worked well) but then I realized that if the phone is supposed to compete with the standard analog phone, it must have a working ringer.

Fair enough.

From what I see I suppose that every handset with builtin ringer must be recongized to the OS as 2 USB soundcards - one for speaker/mike, the second as a ringer.

The ones I have worked with have a seperate ringer that just takes an int to decide which ringtone to play. I.E. it is not shown as a soundcard.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell