On Aug 12, 2005, at 2:33 PM, Tony Hoyle wrote:

Bruce Leetch wrote:

I've purchased a TDM11B card and have installed it in the box. Windows sees it as a PCI Simple Communications board. A Linux "lspci" doesn't show anything even vaguely resembling this card. This troubles me.

VMWare is a virtual machine and has nothing to do with the physical layout of the box (which is why you can migrate vmware images across machines for example).

If you want to run Asterisk under Linux setup a box to run it.

We run GSX server here, which does (as you have seen) abstract the hardware into generic devices just like the Workstation product. I haven't looked into it deeply enough to know for certain, but the ESX server is meant to offer more of a 'bare metal' interface to hardware. Perhaps it's worth trying that before giving up on this route altogether?

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer