John Novack wrote:
Started a new thread as my problem is somewhat different than the OP. Seems his somewhat different problem doesn't work as advertised either.

Eric Wieling wrote:
> I don't know what the problem is, but this is what I use and it works on my analog FXO port.

 > exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${PSTN}/w${EXTEN:1})

So, I modified slightly to fit my dialplan:

exten => _8NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/w${EXTEN:1})

and it MAY wait, but NOT off hook.
The problem still remains, Asterisk begins to dial before dial tone is returned from the CO
This was determined by monitoring the CO line with a buttset
Since this has been talked about on the list before, I have to wonder if is version dependent, or if it works at all.

Anyone KNOW that this works? And with what version of Asterisk?

Asterisk 1.0.9.