Just use the Queue command with that syntax and iaxComm will just work. That's the beauty of it.

As a note, one of the enhancements we worked on was the fact that since iaxComm can handle multiple line appearances, every time the phone answers a call sent with a URL it will launch a new browser instead of changing the URL of the current browser opened. That way if the agent is working on multiple calls, the agent is not going to loose the page view of any other calls he/she may be working on.

BTW, I tested this on Asterisk 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.7, and CVS Head and it all worked just fine.

- Waldo

On Aug 31, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Jason Walker wrote:

Are you using the Queue(queue-name,<options>,<URL>) syntax to send a URL to the client? Do you have to configure any options on the iaxComm side for this to work properly? Or is the URL option interpreted and executed with
the default browser on the PC?

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Waldo
Rubinstein
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:34 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Queues.conf OPTIONALURL within the Queues cmd

I have used iaxComm successfully (http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/
iaxcomm/).

We worked with the author, Michael Van Donselaar, to enhance some of
the features of this software, particularly the handling of URLs, for
a fee, with the condition that any changes we financially supported
would be released to the public. The version he created for us works
great and I would encourage anyone to use it.

As a side note, Michael is a great guy to work with and is extremely
reliable in supporting this software.

Thanks,
Waldo