Capacity as in not enough lines or capacity as in not enough mailboxes?

FXS lines doesn't sound right. How does the current system know which mailbox to put the call?

A T1/E1 type interface would be more likely. You forward the call to the * server over the T1 by addressing the mailbox's 4 digit number.

Do you user currently know if they have VM or do they have do dial in and see?

Mark

Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
How does one go about connecting Asterisk to a Meridian PBX to handle
voicemail?
I have a customer who is out of capacity on their voicemail system
(which connects to their meridian via several FXS cards) and I would
like to see if I could use Asterisk to handle their voicemail.
-Jonathan

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com