Why are you putting the outgoing called into the s logic?

Try something like exten=>_XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/1514${EXTEN})

Mark

M Sharif wrote:
 Hello Guys,
 I am trying to make Asterisk do dial-out calls.
 It doesn't even do test calls. It never calls. I
 tested everything and i am clueless. However i can
 call Asterisk and it picks up the phone and executes
 the dial-plan. However, my dial-plan is supposed to
 do
 outbound calls.
 Zap is configured correctly.
I am using a TDM400 card from Digium with 4 Fxo
 ports
 and i have Debian Linux.
Here is my dialplan in extensions.conf [outbound]
 exten=>s,1,DigitTimeout,5
 exten=>s,2,ResponseTimeout,10
 exten=>s,3,Answer
 exten=>s,4,Wait(1)
 exten=>s,5,Dial(Zap/g1/1514???????)      ; Dial
 exten=>t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
 exten=>t,2,Hangup
And the zap configurations in zapata.conf are:
 signalling=em_w
 context=outbound
 channel=>1-4
At the moment, when i call my number, the dial-plan
 works. So it looks like it is the way around. The
 dial-plan works in the other side. When i call
 Asterisk, the dial-plan works.
 But it doesn't do dial-outs automatically. My
 dial-plan
 is supposed to do outbound calls but it doesn't call.

In /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/1.call , the content
 of the file is:
Channel: Zap/g1/1514123456
 MaxRetries: 3
 RetryTime: 300
 WaitTime: 20
 Context: outbound
 Extension: s
Your contribution will be highly appreciated.
 Kind Regards,
 Mahmoud

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ