Tony Mountifield wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Doug Lytle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anybody having issues with ztdummy under the current 2.6 RC7? I get the following errors when trying to modprobe ztdummy:

"Unable to register zaptel rtc driver"

Doing a Google on the error shows reference to a message from 2004 that said you might not have RTC compiled into the kernel. Checking via:

cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.13-rc7
grep -i rtc .config

shows:

CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_RTC=m
CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ=y
CONFIG_SENSORS_RTC8564=m
CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER=m

Any suggestions?

rtc and genrtc are alternatives to each other.

Make sure that the rtc module is loaded, and *not* genrtc.

ztdummy is not compatible with genrtc, only with rtc.

I had time tonight to try this. Under Linux 2.6.13 final. Looking at make menuconfig shows that both Generic /dev/rtc emulation and Enhanced Real Time Clock support

Removing one and enabling the other, compiling and recompiling zaptel:

make clean;make linux26 make install (udev rules in place)

I am unable to do a modprobe ztdummy without the above error. Any others running Linux 2.6.13 and successfully using ztdummy for timing?

Doug