From: Marek Zachara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 10:43 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Huge Echo

On Friday 09 of September 2005 16:08, Soner Tari wrote:

> [...]

that.

use

>> You don't need a soundcard to use ztmonitor, what do you mean by that?
>> Marek, you are making me suspicious about whether you've really read

wiki

>> in detail.

Well, i did read it. And as per soundcard - have you tried to run
ztmonitor
without it? When i tried i just got:

arnor:~# /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.0-beta1/ztmonitor 1
Unable to open /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
Cannot open audio ...

so i guess it needs a soundcard after all...
Anyway, i installed a soundcard and run the ztmonitor. I went with the
rxgain/txgain down to -6.0 ... the echo is not that loud anymore, but
still
is quite annoying. i'm at loss... no other bright ideas ...

Marek