Damon Estep wrote:

That is what I thought I read somewhere, but it is not so. I will check,
but I THINK that * reads the file names left to right top to bottom and
my FC4 box lists them with an ls top to bottom left to right!

Oh you're right... they are not sorted. My fault, I forgot about the way that readdir() works.

The other poster is right, they are returned in the order they are stored in the directory. I suppose an enhancement to sort them at load time would be useful.