Paul wrote:

Yes, but what would one do there?

One who doesn't gamble, drink, or carouse, that is.

I am making my first trip to LV later this Fall, and I dread it. I can't imagine what I'll be able to find to do when I'm not at the conference.

Rent a car and drive out to Hoover Dam. It is a magnificent sight
I found LV boring otherwise, and FULL of drunk drivers. Seems DUI is accepted in LV, judging by the number of crumpled fenders I saw.

For one who no longer drinks, isn't impressed by the lights and hotels, is terrified by an airport surrounded on 3 sides by mountains, and is bored by Wayne, Celene et al, Lincoln NE has better attractions. At least Lincoln has a Telephone Museum!

John Novack