True...  But i tried several brands of cards, and several drivers, the
dual nic gigabit intel card was a lot better than all the other
combinations i tried.

zoa

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 11:11 +0300, Zoa wrote:

Also when you do things over the network, disable your onboard network
card, and go for some more expensive network card.
In our tests with small packets, we could increase the throughput with a
factor 2. (related to cpu load).

I wonder how much of that is a poorly written driver and not the card
itself.  I have seen some fairly poor drivers performance wise.  :/