Hey ho!

We have a functional t.38 implementation for asterisk, but its far from
complete. (meaning it doesnt work for all devices, and i only tested it
on 1 fax).
I hope to take our t.38 developper with me to Astricon and maybe even
demo it there. (Maybe oej could bring a fax or two ? :)

I will provide more details when i have them...

Cheers,

Zoa.
-----------
www.asteriskguru.com

Rosario Pingaro wrote:

Thanks Steve about your great work.
I am very antious to test it!

Thanks again.

Rosario

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Underwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] T.38 Faxing

Carlos Alperin wrote:

This is not an issue about free. The cost of the implementation of the
Hylafax, plus the multiport card, plus the channel bank, plus the
additional
PRI is not cheap.

Someone started to announce a couple of weeks ago that the 1.0.9
release was
handling T.38. FALSE.

All that I was able to get was T.38 detection by the new version.
I asked 3 times after someone confirmed that is not even thinked to
be on
the 2.0 next release.

So, I'm far to look for free stuff. I cannot afford to keep testing
with
customers that had no more patient with me.

That is all. Nothing against Asterisk, or the developers. Only with the
people that start to announce false espectations.

If you look in the bug tracker you will see discussion has only just
begun on *how* T.38 fits into *. I hope to be feeding some of the
implementation into CVS soon. Right now there is nothing.

Regards,
Steve